Final product of the bridal shower invitations. This process was actually kind of a long one… I started out with the blue envelopes as an impulse decision. When I got them in the mail they were really a Tiffany blue color which inspired the heart idea and I just ran with it.
I made several variations of the fragmented heart and created stencils. The original idea was to have one large heart stenciled on in iridescent paint abstractly, but I made the first heart too big so it wasn’t really noticeable as a heart. I created a smaller version of the single heart and that wasn’t working as well. Then I created the 3 dangling hearts which didn’t stencil well because the cutout areas were too small. Steve suggested I try stamping it on with a linoleum block stamp but I decided against it since there were 83 invitations to be made and they need to get in the mail as soon as possible. I’m still interested in the linoleum block idea for another project though.
I also need some more work on my “calligraphy” - which right now is more or less my handwriting using a nib. I’ve only had my calligraphy stuff since Christmas so I’m still learning.