Here are some process notes on artwork for the second Theatre season show, Lend Me a Tenor. I went through way more iterations than what I’m posting here, but you get the idea. The idea for everything was inspired by this art deco style vent cover.
There’s some spacing issues here.. but the basic shape was there. It didn’t really say much yet about the show.
I thought the color addition was nice, but wasn’t sure how I felt about the white background. The date and location font felt a little informal. I tried a version of this on a blue background but the contrasting colors made it difficult to read.
I thought this was pretty close. The director of the show helped me finalize some colors that will coordinate with the colors on set. I also added in some art-deco rays for a little more depth.
Added in the treble clef to hint at the opera in the show. This is one of the web banners. Infoscreens are similar to this. Postcards and program covers are pretty much the same layout as above.